Strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate: These three colors are nostalgic for many of us, reminding us of the hot summers and ice cream parties of childhood. This cake is easy to make and shows off your creativity in the kitchen with the three different layers — cereal, ice cream, and whipped cream. You don’t even have to turn on the oven. The combination of soft ice cream and crunchy puffed rice will offer a great textual contrast. Plus, it’s just fun.
Before cake time, consider this Curried Carrot Soup recipe or this Cedar Planked Salmon with Herbed Yogurt Sauce recipe. Pair your meal with our Peach Bellini recipe or a classic Champagne Cocktail recipe.
Don’t forget to leave room for this creative dessert!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 ounces marshmallows
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1.5 quart of your favorite ice cream
- 1 pint whipped cream
- shaved chocolate
- Thoroughly butter a 9-inch spring form pan. Then put the pan into the freezer while you are doing Step 2.
- Microwave butter, marshmallows, and chocolate chips on high for 2 – 3 minutes, pausing to stir the mixture every 1 minute. In a large bowl, add add the melted ingredients into the rice krispies. Mix well.
- Add the chocolate Rice Krispies mixture into the spring form pan and flatten it into a layer with a spatula. This will serve as the cake’s crust.
- Scoop several scoops of ice cream (about 9 scoops) into the spring form pan (on top of the layer of chocolate Rice Krispies crust that you just created) and flatten it out with a spatula as well.
- Whisk whipped cream into soft peaks then add a layer onto the top of the cake (just above the layer of ice cream).
- Put the whole pan in the freezer for 3 – 4 hours before++ enjoying.
(Optional) Before serving, add shaved chocolate on top of the cake.