This farro salad is savory, tangy, and briny. Chewy farro creates the perfect base for bold flavors from salami, banana peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes, while radicchio adds a delightful pop of color.
- 1 cup pearled or semi-pearled farro
- ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped radicchio or red cabbage
- 6 ounces sliced hard salami, cut into strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced banana peppers, chopped
Cook farro according to package directions, about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
Whisk vinegar, oil, garlic, and honey in a large bowl.
Bring 3/4 cup water to a simmer in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the vinaigrette.
Add the farro, radicchio (or cabbage), salami, bell pepper, celery, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, and banana peppers to the bowl with the cauliflower and vinaigrette; toss to combine.
To make ahead: Cook farro (Step 1) and cauliflower (Step 3) up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate. Prep salami, celery, bell pepper, and radicchio, and make vinaigrette (Step 2) up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups Per Serving: 259 calories; 12 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 20 mg cholesterol; 395 mg sodium. 443 mg potassium; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g fiber; 4 g sugar; 9 g protein;