Wonderful salad for the holiday seasons. Great to serve for dinner at home or to take to a family gathering during the holidays.
- ½ cup Sugars, granulated
- ½ cup Lemon juice, raw
- 2 teaspoons Onions, raw
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard NB
- ½ teaspoon Salt, table
- ⅔ cup Oil, vegetable corn, salad or cooking
- 1 tablespoon Spices, poppy seeds
- 1 head Lettuce, cos or romaine, raw
- 4 ounces Cheese, swiss
- 1 cup Nuts, cashew nuts, dry roasted, with salt added
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries FSP
- 1 Apples, raw
- 1 Pears, raw
In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Process until well blended. With machine still running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds, and process just a few seconds more to mix.
In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine lettuce, shredded Swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, apple, and pear. Pour dressing over salad just before serving, and toss to coat.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 4.9 g protein; 21 g carbohydrates; 8.7 mg cholesterol; 201.3 mg sodium.